SEO CASE STUDY: KOALA
Embracing a strong brand identity for successful content marketing
KEYWORD POSITIONS #1-3
FROM ORGANIC BLOG CONTENT
What we delivered
124+ SEO BLOG ARTICLES
100+ EXPERT INTERVIEWS
11+ AWARD SUBMISSIONS
2 COMPREHENSIVE DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES
1000+ SEO KEYWORDS
21+ DA50+ BACKLINKS
Want to grow your organic traffic like Koala?
When the team at Koala came to us in July 2022 for help on their blog content, we popped open a bottle of bubbly! Why? Because Koala is one of Australia’s iconic brands, with a reputation for quality, sustainability and a strong customer focus. Our values are very much aligned and we knew we could move mountains with them.
The brief? To position Koala as a thought leader in the sleep space and increase organic traffic to the blog. Initially, we analysed their current position, traffic, competitors and opportunities. With numerous avenues to follow, we built a Koala Content Engine! Powering on various cylinders, this expansive Pillar + Cluster Content Model allowed us to generate 40+ cluster groups, including:
- Work from home
- Mattress care
This content ecosystem would capture top, middle and bottom-of-funnel audiences to build the Koala brand in their cheerful tone of voice. Our expert-led approach, coupled with a strong content led-SEO strategy, would give our articles the authority needed to engage with the target audience and also rank well on search engines.
To ensure brand alignment, we developed a content calendar for the team to approve. This allowed us to gain further insight from the Koala professionals and gave us the opportunity to refine the article overview and keywords before moving into production. This calendar was also a great vehicle to source the right industry experts to interview.
Throughout the campaign, we carefully curated over 124 articles to cover all things sleep, furniture and lifestyle. Our favourites include:
- Why do I sweat so much when I sleep? Let’s find out.
- How to sleep better: we spill the (chamomile) tea.
- Spend or splurge: Can affordable furniture be good quality?
- When do babies sleep through the night?
- Do ants sleep? All we know about little creatures and sleep.
The phenomenal results speak for themselves, with an incredible increase across the blog content alone! Not only that, our users are engaging more with the content and spending more time on the site overall.
- Since our content went live in January, we’ve also had a 15.27% increase in page value and a 79.33% increase in goal completions (another bottle of Champagne please!).
- Keywords that we’ve targeted are hitting the spot, with several high-volume keywords moving into the number 1 position. People are engaging with our tone of voice and we’ve nailed the consistent brand persona (and TBH, it’s totally someone we’d hang out with IRL!).
Notable achievements since July 2022 include:
- 127% increase in overall traffic to the blog
- 207.22% increase in eCommerce conversions from blog content
- 59% increase in keywords in positions #1-3
- 54% increase in keywords in positions #4-10
- 144.56% increase in revenue from blog content
- Over 50 targeted keywords moving up more than 75+ positions (with at least 10 moving up 90+ positions!)
- Non-branded keywords increased from 8.3% to 23% across the site
What’s even better is that our audience feels a connection to the brand and the tired parents of toddlers are rejoicing that they can find the answer to ‘Do ants sleep?’ in an easy-to-read article – so everyone in the house can get a better night's sleep.
This is just one example of how we’ve chameleon-d ourselves into a brand personality to ensure the outcome aligned with the audience, brand values and key performance indicators (KPIs). Our work with the Koala team continues as we explore greater digital opportunities for them and continue to create consistent brand messaging and thought leadership content.
Our work in the wild
“We are very excited to work closely with you…and kick some big bold content goals for Koala.”