We’ve all heard the term ‘sharing is caring’, but when it comes to content marketing, sharing can also be the catalyst for success. Amplifying your content through different channels – multiple times – can help you boost website traffic and drive conversions. In fact, studies show that posting your content across 4+ channels can surpass the performance of single- or dual-channel campaigns by an astounding 300%! Sign me up!
So what is content amplification all about? Well put simply, it’s taking your existing content and amplifying it via social media, video, Digital PR, email, influencer partnerships, paid ads and more! It’s turning up the volume of your content items’ reach and playing it loud enough to intrigue your audience. The more times you share, the more people you’ll engage!
How to use social media to amplify your content
We know social media is an imperative part of any content marketing strategy, but working out what to post, and when, can be a challenge. Some social media strategists will advise an average of 11x posts per day, across various channels. Sound exhausting? You bet. So before you start channelling your inner Energizer bunny, it’s important to get a good social media and amplification strategy together. This’ll not only help you plan your social media content calendar in advance, but it’ll also help boost website traffic for your existing content items.
When putting together amplification ideas, it’s also important to consider the different types of media available. Reels, stories, videos and animated graphics are scroll-stoppers that capture the audience immediately, while carousels and social tiles work cohesively to tell the story with vibrant imagery. By mixing things up, you’ll give your social media feed variety and can engage with different audiences.
What is an amplification strategy
Digital marketers and business owners will often pour their energy into creating a fabulous content campaign, only to share the content item once and call it a day. Sound familiar? Sure, SEO can do wonders for driving traffic, but why not lend it a hand and boost your return on investment (ROI) with a content amplification strategy? Think about it – by amplifying your content, you not only increase its reach but also maximise its value.
Before you start, it’s important to identify the most effective channels for amplifying your content. By understanding where your audience is most active and receptive, you can tailor your content distribution to those specific channels.
This involves adapting your content to suit different platform formats and requirements. Some platforms require striking visuals, whereas others – like email – will need captivating content.
Fun facts about a content amplification strategy that’ll make you look good
- Repurposing your content can increase customer loyalty by 40%
- Reusing your content in different formats can save you up to 60% in content creation time
- Amplified content can increase engagement by up to 76% and generate up to 50% more leads
- Facebook posts with images receive 2.3 times more engagement than those without
- Content amplification through email marketing has a strong impact on conversions, with an average ROI of $40 for every $1 spent
- 75% of content marketers consider content amplification to be their top priority
Talk about working smarter, not harder!
The best way to drive traffic to your website – it’s all in the strategy
Every time you publish a piece of content, it’s time to plan its next steps. Aim to reshare that content not just once, but a minimum of five times within the first 2-6 months to ensure the best results. With the right strategy, your content could spread faster than fake news on Twitter.
We know what you’re thinking – who has time for that? Well… us… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We complement your marketing strategy with a strong content amplification strategy to help ease your workload and help you achieve maximum ROI potential. We’ll give you shareable assets, a strategic timeline and all the written content you’ll need to make this strategy succeed.
The benefits of amplifying your content
Sharing your editorial content over five times gives you the opportunity to build brand awareness, thought leadership and drive organic growth – five times faster. It maximises the quality content you’ve already written and saves your team the hassle of creating captions and designing social media tiles. Here are some of the many benefits you can enjoy with a content amplification strategy:
1. Maximising your return on editorial investment: Make every piece of content count by amplifying its reach and impact. Get more value with increased engagement and conversions.
2. Expanding your audience reach: Break free from the confines of your current followers and attract a wider audience. It’s time to get your content in front of new eyes and make a lasting impression.
3. Keeping your social media calendar filled: Say goodbye to content gaps and hello to a thriving social media presence. Amplify your content to have a consistent stream of engaging posts that keep your followers hooked.
4. Creating a buzz around your articles: Let your article content shine and create a buzz that gets people talking. Amplification helps generate excitement, shares and discussions, giving your articles a popularity boost.
5. Driving more traffic to your website: Increase those visitor numbers and watch your website traffic soar. With content amplification, you’ll attract more clicks and curious visitors eager to explore what you have to offer.
6. Supercharging your online presence: Make a bigger splash online with a boosted online presence. Amplification helps you stand out in the crowded digital world, making your brand more visible and memorable.
7. Saving precious time: Say goodbye to content creation overwhelm! Amplifying your existing content means you can spend less time creating from scratch and more time focusing on other important aspects of your business (or long lunches with friends #YouDoYou) .
Harness the power of an amplification strategy
Remember, the key to a successful content amplification strategy or video marketing strategy is to be agile in your approach.
Monitor the results and optimise your strategy if needed. Analysing the performance of your content amplification will help you identify where your target audience is, and what media platforms they prefer.
A well-executed content amplification strategy can significantly enhance your brand’s visibility, attract new audiences and ultimately drive meaningful results for your business – without the effort required to create new editorial content every time.
Discover how our social media amplification strategy can work for your brand.